Legal Topics Directory
- Wherever the word "divorce" is used in the statutes, it has the same meaning as "dissolution" or "dissolution of marriage."
- Click on these links for Minnesota Statutes: Marriage Dissolution - Chapter 518, Maintenance and Support - Chapter 518A, index topic Dissolution of Marriage.
Additional statutes, regulations and opinions may apply to your specific situation.
General Rules of Practice
(with amendments effective July 1, 2011, unless noted otherwise below)
- Title I. Rules Applicable to All Court Proceedings (effective December 3, 2013): Adobe PDF
- Title II. Rules Governing Civil Actions (effective July 1, 2013): Adobe PDF
- Title IV. Rules of Family Court Procedure (effective January 1, 2014): Adobe PDF
- Title IX. Jury Management Rules: Adobe PDF
- Title X. Rules of Guardian Ad Litem Procedure
- Special Rules for the Pilot Expedited Civil Litigation Track: Adobe PDF
- Appendix of Forms
Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure (rules that govern the process of civil litigation).
As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.
Minnesota Judicial Center
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Main # 651-296-2775