Legal Topics Directory
Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts (All Court Proceedings)
MN Court Self-Help Center Resources
- Eviction: Start an eviction action, respond to an eviction action, appeal an eviction order.
- Foreclosure of rental property: Foreclosure resources.
- Housing Discrimination (Legal Fact Sheet): Identifies signs of possible discrimination and what you can do about it.
- Landlord kept security deposit: Laws and helpful links.
- Landlord "locked out" the tenant from the property: Lock Out Petition Form, laws and helfpul links.
- No heat, water, electricity or other essential service: Housing court forms and helpful links.
- Tenant moved out, but damaged the property: Laws and helpful links.
- Tenant moved out, but owes rent: FAQs on managing rental property, laws, helpful links.
- Tenant wants repairs to the property: Laws, forms, helpful links.
As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.
Minnesota Judicial Center
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Main # 651-296-2775
Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts
Minnesota General Rules of Practice for the District Courts, Title VII. Housing Court Rules--Hennepin and Ramsey Counties Adobe .pdf
Source: Minnesota Supreme Court Commissioner's Office