Legal Topics Directory
MN Court Self-Help Center Resources
- Eviction: Start an eviction action, respond to an eviction action, appeal an eviction order. (click "Landlord" and then "Eviction" link on Court webpage)
- Foreclosure of rental property: Foreclosure resources.
- Housing Discrimination (Legal Fact Sheet): Identifies signs of possible discrimination and what you can do about it.
- Landlord kept security deposit: Laws and helpful links. (click "Tenant" link on Court webpage)
- Landlord "locked out" the tenant from the property: Lock Out Petition Form, laws and helpful links. (click "Tenant" link on Court webpage)
- Tenant moved out, but damaged the property: Laws and helpful links. (click "Landlord" link on Court webpage)
- Tenant moved out, but owes rent: FAQs on managing rental property, laws, helpful links. (click "Landlord" link on Court webpage)
- Tenant wants repairs to the property: Laws, forms, helpful links.(click "Landlord" link on Court webpage)
As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.
Minnesota Judicial Center
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Main # 651-297-7651
8:30am - 5:00pm, M-F