Name Change Forms
The court publishes different "Packets" of name change forms which are available on this website. Each "packet" includes a set of Instructions and forms.
To find the forms you need, click on the correct link below depending on whether you want information on how to change an adult's name or a minor's name.
Laws & Rules on Name Change
- Minn. Stat. 259.10 General Requirements; Victim/Witness Protection
- Minn. Stat. 259.11 Intent to Defraud; Person with Criminal History
- Minn. Stat. 259.115 Criminal Penalties
- Minn. Stat. 259.12 Name Change Limits for Correctional Inmates
- Minn. Stat. 259.13 Requirements for Person with Felony Conviction
- Minn. Stat. 518.27 Name Change by Divorce or Legal Separation
You should talk with a lawyer to get advice on how the laws and rules may affect your case.
Minnesota Judicial Center
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Main # 651-297-7651
8:30am - 5:00pm, M-F