This is the "Home" page of the "Name Change" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

Name Change  

Last Updated: Mar 4, 2016 URL: Print Guide RSS Updates

Home Print Page

Name Change Forms

The court publishes different "Packets" of name change forms which are available on this website. Each "packet" includes a set of Instructions and forms.

To find the forms you need, click on the correct link below depending on whether you want information on how to change an adult's name or a minor's name.

Source:  MN Judicial Branch Self-Help Center


Laws & Rules on Name Change

  • Minn. Stat. 259.10 General Requirements; Victim/Witness Protection
  • Minn. Stat. 259.11 Intent to Defraud; Person with Criminal History
  • Minn. Stat. 259.115 Criminal Penalties
  • Minn. Stat. 259.12 Name Change Limits for Correctional Inmates
  • Minn. Stat. 259.13 Requirements for Person with Felony Conviction
  • Minn. Stat. 518.27 Name Change by Divorce or Legal Separation

You should talk with a lawyer to get advice on how the laws and rules may affect your case.

Source:  MN Judicial Branch Self-Help Center


What to Do After a Name Change

Source:  MN Judicial Branch Self-Help Center

Contact Us

Profile Image
Minnesota State Law Library
Logo - FacebookLogo - Twitter
Contact Info
Minnesota Judicial Center
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Main # 651-297-7651
TTY 1-800-627-3529
Send Email
Library Hours:
8:30am - 5:00pm, M-F

Loading  Loading...