Skip to Main Content
Minnesota State Law Library Logo

Minnesota State Law Library

Child Custody and Parenting Time

Establish Custody and Parenting Time

Passport Forms

Delegation of Parental Authority

Emergency Ex Parte Motions

The MN Judicial Branch does not publish forms to ask the court to hear a custody matter on an emergency ex-parte basis. The court publishes generic motion forms that may be modified to fit your situation.

Additional Forms


In our positions as librarians, not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file) or legal opinions (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, more research is often required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.