Skip to Main Content
Minnesota State Law Library Logo

Minnesota State Law Library


Minnesota Marriage Certificates and Divorce Decrees

Name Change Order

Certified copy of name change order

After the Order is signed, you can obtain certified copies of the Order from the Court Administrator’s office in your county for a fee of $14 each ("Application for Name Change and Other Relief Instructions," p. 2).


Documentation of name change as part of naturalization

Contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. You may also want to contact the court where your name change occurred. 


In our positions as librarians, not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file) or legal opinions (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, more research is often required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.