Skip to Main Content
Minnesota State Law Library Logo

Minnesota State Law Library

Name Change

Name Change Forms

The court publishes different "Packets" of name change forms which are available on this website. Each "packet" includes a set of Instructions and forms.

To find the forms you need, click on the correct link below depending on whether you want information on how to change an adult's name or a minor's name.

Objection to Minor Name Change

This form was created for use in Hennepin County (4th District). It will need to be modified for use in other counties.


In our positions as librarians, not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file) or legal opinions (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts). To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, more research is often required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney.